Even when you’re short on space, it’s possible to grow and enjoy fresh vegetables, strawberries or flowers at home in Brooklyn. All you need is a planting box or containers, a little dirt, water and sunlight.
Proper planning is the first and most important step to grow a garden at home in Brooklyn.
Choose a layout for your garden at home in Brooklyn
- Will your garden be a practical garden or a beautiful feature to add curb appeal to your home in Brooklyn?
- What size will your garden be? 4-by-4? 8-by-4?
- Will you build a planting box, hire to have it built or purchase a pre-made planter or containers?
Choose the materials
- Whether you build raised bed yourself, hire to have it built or purchase a pre-made planter, this article will give you a variety of ideas and looks to choose from. 8-materials-for-raised-garden-beds
- If you choose to build or purchase a wooden planter, buy rot-resistant wood. The following link shares 8 rot-resistant woods to choose from: 8-rot-resistant-woods-for-your-outdoor-projects
- DIYers, planting boxes are easy. Here is a complete list of materials, tools and instructions to make a beautiful raised bed for your garden at home in Brooklyn. http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/
Choose the crops or plants
- Purchase crops that will not outgrow the garden space. They should be vegetable plants that will produce all season long, not at the end of the season only. Think salad greens, beets, peas, beans, some tomato types and herbs here, for example. grow-a-kitchen-garden-in-16-square-feet
- Some fruit bushes are patio-appropriate and provide great curb appeal. They are good choices for your container garden at home in Brooklyn. BrazelBerries, for example, are easy to grow. They do well in either containers or a raised bed. patio-perfect-berry-bushes
Spring has arrived! Add beauty and value to your home with the curb appeal of a garden at home in Brooklyn. For more ideas on spring curb appeal to prepare your home for sale, contact your Brooklyn real estate agent with Fillmore Real Estate, Charles D’Alessandro at (718) 253-9600 ext 206 or email [email protected]. Enjoy the season’s best!