By Charles D’Alessandro | Leave a Comment
Take a look at your kitchen. Is it dated? Are you looking to sell your Brooklyn home? If your kitchen is “way out there”, you may have a hard time selling.
Your kitchen is the focal point of your Brooklyn home. Buyers today are looking for a home with a kitchen that is easy to use, easy to clean and easy to look at. If your kitchen is dated, you many need to invest in a kitchen remodel. Even a minor remodel can recoup most of the cost when you sell. Just remember, consider what will appeal to a future homebuyer. Ultimately, the work you put into a remodel is work you are doing for yourself, but at some point, somebody else will live in the house. Don’t remodel in a way you may regret later. Don’t do something so edgy that you end up asking yourself, “What on earth was I thinking?”
Here are the top 10 kitchen trends:
1. Chef’s stoves – Even if the buyer doesn’t cook, they want the stove look cool.
2. Eco-friendly features – Appliances and materials in the kitchen are important to a buyer.
3. Granite and quartz countertops – Granite tops the list.
4. Tile backsplashes – Most buyers prefer tile over marble, stone slab or other materials.
5. Floors – Hardwood flooring is hands-down the top choice for flooring.
6. Stainless steel – Well over half of homebuyers today want stainless steel appliances in their kitchens.
7. Islands – Islands aren’t really a must, but they are popular with homebuyers.
8. Transitional style – This is a style combination of traditional and contemporary styles.
9. White cabinets – Almost 75 percent of homebuyers want white or off white cabinets.
10. Gray color schemes – Shades of gray in the kitchen go well with white cabinets.
Kitchen updates are number one for adding value to your Brooklyn home. Need more ideas for adding value to your home? Subscribe to Brooklyn Real Estate Blog today.
Look no further for a real estate agent with your best interest at heart. Give Charles D’Alessandro Your Brooklyn real estate agent with Fillmore Real Estate a call at 718/253-9600 ext. 206 or email [email protected] when you need to sell your home.