Did you sell your home in 2016? 2016 was the best year for existing-home sales since 2006. Existing-home sales were 3.3 percent higher in 2016 than they were in 2015. If you didn’t, should this be the year you sell your home?
The National Association of Realtors predicts positive growth in the market this year in the following ways:
- Existing-home sales are predicted to grow modestly by 2 percent this year in spite of mortgage rate increases.
- The median price of homes being sold has been forecasted to increase by 4 percent.
These reasons are reason enough to make this year the year to sell your home. I encourage you to consider it.
The Brooklyn real estate market is unique as is your own financial situation. So find out how the 2017 Brooklyn housing market looks. I have over 30 years of real estate experience. With that experience I will help you decide whether or not the sale of your home makes financial sense. Contact me, Charles D’Alessandro, today at (718) 253-9700 ext. 206.
If you decide to sell your home, do these 3 things right now
If after a consultation with me you decide to put your home on the market, there are a few things you should do right now. Getting these to-do’s completed will give you a head start on selling your home this spring.
Hire Charles D’Alessandro as your real estate agent.
Hiring a real estate with experience and great customer service is essential to a successful home sale. With me as your real estate agent, you can:
- Rely on my expertise to make the decision to sell
- Believe I’ll choose the right price for your home
- Have confidence in how I market your home
- Trust my skill to negotiate offers from buyers
Get a home inspection scheduled before you list.
An early home inspection is a good idea. You want to find and fix any issues there may be with your home before the buyer does. If a buyer finds unseen issues when they conduct their own inspection, it could derail the sale. An early home inspection will give you extra time to address any problems uncovered. I can advise you on whether it’s better to make the repairs or adjust your asking price instead.
Declutter and stage your home.
Decluttering and packing while making home improvements is an efficient way to prepare your home for sale. Then, once your house is free of clutter, you can stage your home to impress.
- Clean out your closets
- Pack photos and knick-knacks
- Put all that you can in storage
- Make rooms look spacious. Live as minimally as you possibly can. Store extra furniture pieces, like the quilt rack, hope chest, tall dresser.
- Clear kitchen countertops and keep them clear
- Paint the entry way and keep it tidy
- Invest in new throw pillows, towels, bedding and other accessories
I will advise you on the best ways to attract buyers to sell your home. I know how to accentuate the special and unique features of your home and stay within your budget.
Sell your home fast and for top dollar. Contact Charles D’Alessandro, your Brooklyn real estate agent with Fillmore Real Estate at (718) 253-9700 ext. 206 or email [email protected] today. Take my advice and avoid the stress of getting your home ready to sell on a tight deadline. You’ll be way ahead of the competition, too.